Read the link below. Answer the following questions on a piece of paper.
1. What does the author say about how nations get sovereignty over islands?
2. What were the northernmost and easternmost points of Taiwan in the Japanese period?
3. What were the northernmost and easternmost points of Taiwan during the KMT period before 1971?
4. What did the ROC say about the Senkakus before 1971?
5. Why did the ROC and PRC claim the Senkakus in 1971?
6. The author quotes a Ming text about Taiwan. Who does it say owns the Senkakus?
7. What does the "使琉球錄" say about the Senkakus? According to that text, who did they belong to?
8. The writer says that the "三國通覽圖說(1785)" famous map of 1785, does not make the Senkakus part of the Qing or Taiwan because...?