What/who important element is missing from this story?
1. Which aboriginal peoples owned the land of Asia Cement?
2. How did Asia Cement get the land from them, according to aborigine political activists?
3. What compensation did the aborigines receive?
4. What rights do aborigines have to their own land? What rights don't they have?
5. What happened when the aborigines tried to plant crops on the Asia cement land? Who was sent to stop them?
6. What are the advantages for big businesses if aborigines lose their land? See if you can think of two advantages, one about resources, one about labor.